Sunday, November 16, 2008

9 days!

it is officially nine days till the day i come home! and i can't even begin to tell you how excited i am to get on that plane. i am so excited to see everyone. i finally get to meet jack, and see co co!!! 

anyways, yesterday i got back from superbowl. basically, a bunch of youth groups come and watch a hockey game and then after that a message is shared and then after the message is fun games that last till 6 in the morning. 

after the message was shared the speaker asks the kids if they want to come forward they can, and the counselors (me) were waiting outside to talk with them. I talked to two girls, who came together. One was 13, and the other 14. The 13 year olds mother died not too long ago so she just wanted to make a new dedication to God, the other trusted Christ for the first time. So i explained the Gospel to them and made sure they understood what it means to Trust in Christ. After that, I prayed with them and they went back to the arena. 

A girl named Christie (my team leader) and I went to a bowling alley and helped out there. We basically got to run the place. We got the kids their bowling shoes, passed out pizza, and drinks, and helped with the prizes. It was a lot of fun. At around 3 I took a caffeine pill, bad idea! (when I told joey want i did, he wasn't very happy with me haha, supposedly they can make your heart stop and you can die, and you can get addicted to them So i promised him i wouldn't take one again :) i couldn't fall asleep for anything on the way home. everyone was knocked out and i was just sitting there with my eyes wide open. finally we got back to the BI around 12 and I went back up to my room to wait for Kate. When she got back we went to lunch and then came back and slept 2 1/2 hours till dinner. After dinner I came back and slept till this morning haha. I feel so gross but I am not tired anymore. Kate is CRAZY she was down in the lounge till 12 am! She is still sleeping as i'm writing this :) 

Anyways, I was up for more than 24 hours.... and I was seriously so CRAZY it was funny! 

I need to get ready for Church now, so I gotta go. I can't wait to see everyone next week!

2 comments:

Charae Spafford said...

Kylie, you make me tired just reading about your crazy 24 hour day. I am looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. It will be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kylie:

Looking forward to seeing you in just 8 days. I can hardly wait. Your 24 hr marathon sounds very tiring but also exciting. It will be fun to hear about your experiences. Looking forward to seeing you sooooooo much. Love you, Grams