Sunday, February 8, 2009

Changes.

It is so hard to believe it was 4 months ago that I set off on my journey to New York. Looking back on the days before I came I am reminded of the changes God has done in me, and in my life. I was a totally different girl 4 months ago. I have learned so much about God and myself. Before I came I relyed totally on myself for everything, I had a very hard time trusting in God. I worried about things that weren't even in my control. My senior year of high school was a really tough year for me. You may not have known it but I was struggling with a lot of things. I was trying to figure out who Kylie was by the worlds standards and not who Kylie is in God's eyes. During my senior year I just stuck to myself a lot and didn't really talk to very many people at school. Since I was little I have always done that, I haven't really had a problem with not having very many friends, my few close friends were fine with me. Since being at Word of Life I have met some really awesome people and have actually enjoyed making an effort to get to know people. I have been totally taken out of my comfort zone countless times since being here and as a result have grown tremendously. God has been teaching me more about Him through other people and their stories.
In September I was totally lost, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I have learned that it isn't what Kylie wants to do, its what God wants Kylie to do. He has a purpose and a plan for my life that is greater than I can ever imagine (Jeremiah 29:11). One thing is for sure, I want to live my life for Jesus and tell everyone who I come across that Jesus loves them no matter what they do and that He died on the Cross for ALL their sins, so that we wouldn't have to. God loves us SO incredibly much. It amazes me everyday. Now, I am not saying that its going to be easy surrendering everything to God, cause its not, its going to be really hard! I am going to have to surrender to Him each and every day, but to me its worth everything.

These are some verses that I have been reading a lot lately:

1 John 2:15-17 say: "Do not love the world, or anything in the world, if anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For every thing in the world- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does- comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."

1 John 3:16-18 : "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. ANd we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth."

Galatians 5:22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

1 Corintians 10:23-24: "Everything is permissible- but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible- but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others."

Romans 12:9-13: "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another is brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people whoa re in need. Practice hospitality."

Psalm 103:12 - "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."

Proverbs 31:30- "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Those are just a few verses that have really been changing my heart and the way I go about life. God has changed my life, and He can change yours too!

I am looking forward to going back home and showing the love of Jesus to everyone!

There is this video we watch a Word of Life every friday before Snow Camp starts. It is a great reminder of who God is. I encourage each of you to watch is. To watch it, go to godtube.com and search for "Thats my King" it is AMAZING!!

Well I know this is long but I had to share what God is doing in my life with you all! :)

3 comments:

Draper Family said...

Wow Ky... I'm excited for your return. It is my prayer that you continue to grow and seek the God of truth. There is so much fluff out there proclaiming "truth". When it comes from "a Christian"(ministry)it gets disheartening at times.We need to be diligent with discerning 'All Things' proclaiming truth against Gods Word. Following is a paragraph from a book I read about the book of Ezekiel. It is so true today:

"Our world today lives on DELUSIONS and MYTHS because, like the Jews in Ezekiel's day, THE WORLD WON'T ACCEPT THE AUTHORITY OF THE WORD OF GOD. People still believe that MIGHT MAKES RIGHT, that MONEY IS THE MEASURE OF WORTH and SUCCESS, that THE AIM OF LIFE IS TO HAVE FUN and DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. You can believe whatever you please about God, yourself, and others, and everything will turn out fine because there are not consequences. But one day GOD WILL EXPOSE the stupidity of these delusions and the world will discover too late that THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES TO WHAT WE BELIEVE AND HOW WE BEHAVE".

Well Ky, I will surely talk to you soon. I love you and look forward to challenging each other as we continue to grow on this journey of knowing God and making Him known. -Mom

Charae Spafford said...

Kylie...
It is such a blessing to hear how you are doing. I am continuing to keep you in my prayers and I know that God will continue to guide you. Keep your eyes on the Lord. I love you and can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kylie, I am excited for you. It is so much fun to watch my grandchildren grow in the Lord.

I just came from putting Charae on the plane to return home. We had a fun week -- We kept very busy. Yesterday we went to Chico & celebrated the 3 Feb BD's. She learned to drive and probably when you see her next she will be a licensed driver. She did very well.

It won't be long now and we will be seeing you in NY. Grandpa is working on the reservations for NY City. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love you, Grams